I love me a good cup of coffee!!! It has to be medium roast with either grass fed butter or ghee with some MCT oil, cinnamon, vanilla extract, collagen powder and monk fruit sweetener. Some call it bulletproof or butter coffee--I call it morning goodness. I love enjoying a cup during my morning routine of gratitude journalling.
There was a time when I couldn't drink coffee because it increased the intensity of my hot flashes. But now that my hormones are more balanced, I can drink it with no hot flashes at all. (By the way, did you see that I'm co-hosting a webinar on the topic of Women's Health and Hormones? Be sure to register to learn more.)
But I don't use just any cinnamon. I use one drop of doTERRA Cinnamon Bark in my coffee because of it's many benefits. Extracted from bark, Cinnamon oil supports healthy metabolic function and helps maintain a healthy immune system when needed most.
Here are some ways to use Cinnamon Bark:
- Put 2 drops in empty veggie capsule to maintain a healthy immune system.*
- Place 1 drop of Cinnamon essential oil in hot water or tea and drink slowly to soothe your irritated throat.
- Put 2–3 drops in a spray bottle for a quick and effective cleaning spray.
- During your nightly routine, add one drop to two ounces of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse.
- Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and create a warming massage for cold, achy joints during winter time.
For my winter runs, I make a hand cream with the doTERRA Hand and Body Lotion and Cinnamon Bark because the warmth of the cinnamon warms up my hands to take the chill off.